Monday, January 24, 2011

I had this dream about being Ginko.

Ginko is a character from a relaxing, and sometimes sad, anime called Mushi-shi. I got the box set for Christmas. Aaron and I like watching and episode or two before bed of a show, or about half an hour of a movie. So, recently we watched this one. I liked it a lot, but they didn't offer enough backstory on the main character, and they didn't offer any sort of really settled ending; not even  cliff hanger. It feels like they ran out of funding. Despite that, I still really liked it, and Ginko was very likable. He was calm and reserved, but very helpful and kind. You can clearly see how close he is to being the common anime badass who is grumpy and doesn't talk to anyone, but they don't sully their story with that. Ginko's experiences has made him humble and respectful of others. He is probably one of the most realistic and well portrayed anime characters ever. So, last night, I dreamed that I was him. I have no shame in admitting that I wish I could be more like him; calm and relaxed, but forceful when I have to be.

I haven't posted in a while, so here is what's up: I ran my game. I have about three days of in game material. We got through one day in about five hours and needed to break for the evening. Wat's more is I had fun running and everyone liked my story. The one guy, Pete, who is the one everyone regards as the person to look up to said something to the effect of, "Girls that play DnD are like rare; girls who DM are like gems." He said this to Aaron about me before he left which is pretty cool.

Aaron and I have been playing Wow together and that's been fun. I've been pmsing, so I think my grumpiness has been based on that and not anything real. Aaron is leveling up faster than me which has been pissing me off, but it's only because he's taken mining and herbalism, the only two professions that give you xp. He intends on selling it all for gold since he can't make anything. I picked skinning and leather working, which nets me no xp. I figured I would be making us our leather armor since we both picked Druids who use leather, but since I did refer-a-friend we level up so fast and do dungeons so much that my armor just gets sold back to the game. The one pretty cool thing is that I make leather patches that you put on a piece of armor to reinforce it. So, at any time I can have extra armor on any hand item, legs item, feet item and chest item. It's only a little bit of armor, too, compared to our totals, but it's still a nice little boost.

I've been itching to play my horde characters, too. I have a troll hunter, an undead warlock, and a blood elf mage who are all under 20th level. So, I do want to fix that.

Jobs are still avoiding me, but I have some apps to turn in. I think after a little waking up I can finish filling them out. Keep me in good thoughts, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment