Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I've never been good at titling things.

So, I've never been good at picking a title for anything. Take this blog for example. I was going with "Call Me Jack" but that has already been taken and has two posts made in 2006. It looked interesting, but I couldn't help but feel a little annoyed that the name I wanted was taken. I got over it and thought for a while and came up with what I have now. Not as good, it feels weird, the title I picked.

I promised a few dear friends to do a daily blog, so, I can't figure out how to write this. The world could see this if they wanted, but it's for my friends, so who do I address? What tone of voice do I write in? Addressing the world and addressing my personal friends both offer up the same feelings of being free to say whatever I want and feeling like I shouldn't in different ways.


Also, I will keep my promise, I will tell you my name. It is Jack. I will continue to be honest: that is not the name on my birth certificate or my state ID, but after going by it for so long it has become my name and I will go into that in later posts.

Now onto why this was made. I need some goals to do over the next year. I don't feel like there are any goals other than the basic things of getting a job and being happy, so, let's go with that.

Goals:
1. Get a job.
2. Be happy.
3. Work on my sewing skills.
4. Work on my drawing and animation skills.
5. Have a picture of me dressed like a crooner.
6. Construct and run a good TTRPG.

One is something I've been trying to do since I graduated college and lost my work-study-job-thing. Up until recently it's been crap. However, I should be talking prices with someone soon.

Two is worth mentioning. I flip flop too much which I guess is okay, but over all I want to be sure in saying "my life is good and I am happy." I'm okay right now, but I feel like I'm just sort of falling. I have my loving boy friend Aaron holding my hand on the way down, but until he and I get our own place again I just feel like shit.

Three is pretty new. Since high school I've been super serious about wanting to sew, mostly dolls, but anything, really. However, I've always had this feeling of inferiority to everything, even myself, so I never really tried to work on that skill. It turns out I can sorta sew and I want to get better at it.

Four is the art that I knew I could do; even on my crap days. I want to forever get better at this. Action poses, coloring, new animation styles are all things I want to tackle this year.

Five is for fun. I wanted to do this before I graduated with the aid of a photography major friend of mine, but I got busy with finals and lost my sexy fedora. I need to do this sometime this year.

Six may sound trivial, but I used to be better at story telling, and I really need to do this for myself. Drawing, sewing and animating are all great, but for me story telling for others takes a level of focus that I have lost.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, this is such a perfect beginning! I'm with you on the job thing and how basics are a given, but number 6 is something I am really hoping for the best for you. Because of you I really enjoyed D&ding with you and it was loads of fun.

    You are very creative and keep pushing yourself because I know you can with awesome results

    ReplyDelete