Monday, January 10, 2011

I needed to upload this today.

Look at this cute little guy! I made my first little plush doll; something I've been trying to do for a long time. I used a pattern from a store and it came out wonderful for a first try. Cutting the fabric, pinning, sewing, stuffing and the last little hand stitching to close the back took maybe three hours total. It was pretty fun, too.

This one is going to my friend Pete for one of his daughters. (There is a little one, and one on the way.) I made it out of fleece so it would be cuddly and easy to toss in the wash or spot clean. Plus faux fur is something I'm not willing to tackle yet because it can get messy!

I feel awesome right now.

4 comments:

  1. You should feel awesome dude! This is absolutely amazing!! I can't believe you made it on your first try and how awesome it looks!

    Your goals man are blossoming like a field of flowers! Keep it up! Who knows when you get better you should try selling some because you are super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I plan on selling things when I have my own home-brewed patterns, because selling that bear there might get me in trouble because I used a store-bought name-brand pattern. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I wish I had a quarter of your talents! When you start making ones with your own pattern, are they all going to be bears? Are you going to try for other animals, such as cats or bunnies? :D

    I agree with Kameele all the way! Kick down that door of opportunity and barge right through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what my own pattern will end up being, I need to do sketches, still. I was thinking something with long legs so they can dangle from where ever they are set down.

    ReplyDelete